[Freeswitch-users] Assigning a variable with a value from a system command?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at freeswitch.open.source.it
Thu Dec 2 10:22:29 UTC 2021

On Thursday 02 December 2021 at 11:04:12, Dragos Oancea wrote:

> Do it through environment.
>  <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="env-set" data="var=$VAL"/>

So, that allows a FreeSwitch variable to have the value of an environment
variable?

That's not quite the same as running a command and assigning the result to a
variable, which is what I need.

> We also have "exec-set".

Ah, now *that* looks like what I'm looking for - thanks :)

Antony

--
Bill Gates has personally assured the Spanish Academy that he will never allow
the upside-down question mark to disappear from Microsoft word-processing

 - Lynne Truss, "Eats, Shoots and Leaves"

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.