[Freeswitch-users] How to query current playback position?

Dragos Oancea dragos at freeswitch.org
Wed Aug 25 09:48:11 UTC 2021

how are you playing the file ?
I gave this a try, I used "playback" in dialplan, then I used uuid_fileman
from CLI with cmd "stop". And I get the chan vars:
variable_playback_seconds: 12
variable_playback_ms: 12288
variable_playback_samples: 98304

Yes, they are meant to work on "stop" . You get the values when it's
stopped and then you seek to position.
You can seek with "playback":
<action application="playback" data="<sound-file-to-play>[@@<seek-offset
>]"/>
You can use inline dialplan too I think.

If you believe it's a bug, file a github issue.
Perhaps this feature for uuid_fileman would be useful too, so you could
file it as a feature request.

>>> https://freeswitch.org/confluence