[Freeswitch-users] nonat?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at freeswitch.open.source.it
Mon Aug 23 14:34:28 UTC 2021

On Monday 23 August 2021 at 12:33:16, Antony Stone wrote:

> On Friday 20 August 2021 at 20:48:34, Bote Man wrote:
> > My sip_profiles/internal.xml and external.xml have these lines:
> >     <param name="rtp-ip" value="$${local_ip_v4}"/>
> >     <param name="sip-ip" value="$${local_ip_v4}"/>
> >     <param name="ext-rtp-ip" value="auto-nat"/>
> >     <param name="ext-sip-ip" value="auto-nat"/>
> >
> > which magically "just works" between internal extensions as well as with
> > a couple cloud SIP providers. This is with FreeSWITCH version 1.10.5
> > from about a year ago.
>
> Yep, absolutely identical to what I have here with 1.10.6.
>
> My main question is "why does the option '-nonat' not work as documented?"

The other thing which I have found, which makes me think I'm missing something
really simple, is that if the machine running FreeSwitch does not have a route
to the Internet, I can't even register telephones on its local network.

192.168.32.59 - Freeswitch server
192.168.32.77 - Yealink T41
192.168.32.78 - Yealink VP530

Phones simply get no response whatever to the Register requests (measured with
sngrep running on the FreeSwitch server).  If I put a route to the Internet
back in again, and then restart FreeSwitch, the phones can then register (and
start using my public IP address to try to talk to each other).

PS: Apologies for the duplication of posts from Friday - I assumed they had
disappeared in a spam filter or similar, given that they hadn't turned up on
the list archives after 48 hours (so I knew they hadn't reached the list, not
just that my copies hadn't come back to me).

Antony.

--
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6890 - providing 16 million IPv4 addresses for
talking to yourself.