[Freeswitch-users] How to query current playback position?

Avi Marcus avi at avimarcus.net
Mon Aug 23 14:52:30 UTC 2021

I'm trying to create a bookmark feature for long playbacks.

I'll save the file and position (to be exact the sample position) and then
when the caller comes back, they can choose to restart in the same place.

The playback tool allows me to specify the sample position (and
uuid_fileman lets me seek to one)

But I don't see how to query the _current_ position.
There's no status inside uuid_fileman
There's no variables I see that are updating when doing uuid_dump.

The closest I see is that if I stop the playback, I get a PLAYBACK_STOP
event with the sample position.

This seems like it could work, but that's means I need to trigger a script
to stop the playback (can't continue listening) and wait for an ESL event,
and hope we're getting the right one. (How to I listen for events attached
only to a specific UUID?) This seems overly complicated.

I was hoping to have a uuid_fileman option or the like to query the current
position.

Does that exist somewhere?

Thanks.