[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch doesn't start

Amit Chaudhuri amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 05:30:55 UTC 2021

William,

try using strace to start freeswitch and save the output to a file. If
you search through the resulting file you should see lots of calls to
"open". Typically, on startup a process looks in several places for
each library it needs but will eventually find one. When it fails
there's a message and a return value of -1. When it succeeds you'll
see the file descriptor i.e. a number that isn't -1. You'll spot the
pattern soon enough.

So, something like "strace -o trc
/usr/local/freeswitch/bin/freeswitch" followed by "vi trc" or
equivalent. "trc" is the name of the output file that strace is asked
to write to in this example.

If you don't have strace available ldd does something similar.

That should help widen/narrow down the problem by revealing where
binary is really looking.

One theory is that it's looking everywhere except in the right place.
Another is that it's looking where you think but there's something
wrong with what it finds there.