[Freeswitch-users] Why doesn't this call get answered?

nycphoneservice nycphoneservice at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 02:33:53 UTC 2021

Looks like you have an issue with packet fragmentation.
I had a similar issue with grandstream a few years back due to ISP
improperly handling fragmentation.

send 1509 bytes to udp/[34.210.91.114]:5060 at 15:59:12.585438:

Your packet size is 1509 bytes which is more than standard 1500, thus it
may be an fragmentation issue @ your router or further down the line.
That's why you don't get replies to the invite - flowroute don't get a
complete request and just ignores it.
I would disable these to prove the point (will make a packet < 1500 for
sure):

disable P-Access-Network-Info
disable P-Emergency-Info

Also, I would disable alert-info because I've seen some carriers
reject the invite with this header.

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 9:20 PM Steven Schoch <
schoch+freeswitch.org at xwin32.com> wrote:

> The sip trace is attached.
> It seems to show that it sends INVITE messages, but never gets a response.
> However, when it sends an OPTIONS message, it does get a response.
> When calling from a different extension (using a Polycom instead of a
> Grandstream ATA), the INVITE gets answered and the call proceeds.
>
> It seems that there is something "wrong" with this INVITE that makes
> Flowroute ignore it. What could that be, and how do I fix it?
>
> I may have enough data here to ask Flowroute directly, so I'm going to
> give that a try as well.
>
> --
> Steve
>
> On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 12:43 PM Brian West <brian at freeswitch.com> wrote:
>
>> That's the FMTP for OPUS.  Chances are that invite breaks the Polycom,
>> what does the SDP look like coming back from that invite? I'll be you, it's
>> broken.
>>
>> /b
>>

>> On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 1:51 PM Bote Man <botelist at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I am absolutely no expert on SDP, but that SDP line that begins
>>>
>>> a=fmtp:102 useinbandfec=1…
>>>
>>> looks to me like it’s trying to set up a video call. I saw this behavior
>>> with the newer Polycom VVX501 before I beat those eager beavers into
>>> submission.
>>>

>>> It also looks like the Grandstream is offering a lot more codecs which
>>> you might prefer to trim down to only those necessary to get the job done.
>>> Sometimes additional codecs or codecs listed in the “wrong” sequence can
>>> cause mystery problems.
>>>

>>> You might have to resort to siptrace logging between FS and your carrier.
>>>
>>> sofia profile external siptrace on ç or whatever profile handles your
>>> provider; or maybe internal to snoop what’s going on between FS and your
>>> Grandstream.
>>>

>>> Hope this helps.
>>>

>>> ---
>>>
>>> John Boteler
>>>
>>> BnC Group U.S.A.

>>> o=FreeSWITCH 1618335260 1618335261 IN IP4 <external-IP>
>>> s=FreeSWITCH
>>> c=IN IP4 <external-IP>
>>> t=0 0
>>> m=audio 25104 RTP/AVP 0 8 101
>>> a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000
>>> a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000
>>> a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
>>> a=fmtp:101 0-16
>>> a=ptime:20
>>> a=sendrecv
>>>

>>> When it tries to call from the HT801 to an outside number, it does this:
>>>

>>> Local SDP:
>>>
>>> v=0
>>> o=FreeSWITCH 1618327543 1618327544 IN IP4 <external-IP>
>>> s=FreeSWITCH
>>> c=IN IP4 <external-IP>
>>> t=0 0
>>> m=audio 32552 RTP/AVP 0 8 102 9 101 103
>>> a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000
>>> a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000
>>> a=rtpmap:102 opus/48000/2
>>> a=fmtp:102 useinbandfec=1; maxaveragebitrate=30000;
>>> maxplaybackrate=48000; ptime=20; minptime=10; maxptime=40; stereo=1
>>> a=rtpmap:9 G722/8000
>>> a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
>>> a=fmtp:101 0-16
>>> a=rtpmap:103 telephone-event/48000