[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH-users Digest, Vol 171, Issue 7

Tom Lynn tom at tomlynn.com
Thu Sep 10 02:32:03 UTC 2020

My unit file switches to user/group freeswitch.  As such it does not return
a result for "pa devlist."  That only happens if I start freeswitch from
the command line using sudo as root.  Freeswitch user doesn't have a shell
and even if it did, I suspect switching to that user would yield the same
result.  Swapping pi/pi in for the user and group in the unit file also
results in the same no response.  Only user=root context is successful in
yielding a device list, as you say.

ON this raspberry pi, I have only the 3.5mm jack and the bluetooth
devices.  Following your instructions, the bluetooth works and is more
convenient for testing than wired headphones in the jack.

I'm still hopeful that this can be figured out.

Tom