[Freeswitch-users] mod_portaudio on Raspberry Pi currently broken?

Tazari, Mohammad Reza saied.tazari at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 21:42:29 UTC 2020

Hi,

I have to correct myself with regard to my two posts on Aug 21:

 1.

    I was testing with my headset and had successful "pa looptest"
    indicating both indev & outdev were working

 2.

    Then, when I tested that in the context of my application for
    auto-answering incoming calls (I called with my mobile phone while
    putting it in front of a tv so that I can test if I would hear
    anything on my headset), I didn't notice that in that case the mic
    was not working because I had the headset on my ears and was hearing
    the tv (because of successful looptest, I was just assuming that the
    mic would also be working)

 3.

    But when I finally got a Plantronics Calisto 620-M Bluetooth
    Speakerphone, even the looptest failed. At this moment, I tested
    more carefully my headset again, and there I found out that the mic
    was not working.

 4.

    Because it seemed that something device-specific should be the
    reason for failure, I also tested with my bluetooth earphones; there
    the effect was equivalent to Calisto speakerphone.

 5.

    I finally got a USB speakerphone and tried that one, but in that
    case I was again back to earlier situation where "pa rescan" failed
    to find any devices...

With all four devices, always arecord and aplay were working perfectly,
and the above issues appeared only with mod_portaudio.

I don't have any idea what the issue could be with the usb, but with the
three bluetooth devices, I still believe that something device-specific
should be causing the problems here, e.g. the sample rate. But,
currently I am lacking time to further work on this...

KR,

-- Saied