[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH patch: `uuid_fileman` to preserve pitch on playback speed change

Gulyás Attila toraritte at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 13:23:18 UTC 2020

Good Morning,

Would it be possible to merge this pull request, and add it to the
next FreeSWITCH release?
https://github.com/signalwire/freeswitch/pull/244

Tried to get a response on Slack and by commenting in the pull
request, but no joy. I totally understand that all the devs are busy,
and that this is probably one of the lowest priority issues out there,
but here's some context why I am being a pest about this:

Our Access News phone service is for visually and print impaired
individuals who are unable to consume conventional print materials. We
just replaced an old, on-premises system with aFreeSWITCH solution,
and it has been a dream to work with, except this one flaw. Non-visual
users rely heavily on changing the playback speed to efficiently
browse through vast amounts of audio content, and the current
behaviour is very disruptive, especially because many legally blind
folks have other disabilities as well (such as cognitive and hearing
impairments).

Please let us know if there's anything we could do to facilitate this
process. Thank you!

Appreciatively,
Attila Gulyas  |  IT/Program Assistant
Email: agulyas at societyfortheblind.org
Phone: (916) 889-7510
Access News helpdesk: (916) 889-7519

Access News service:
(800) 665-4667
(916) 732-4000
https://societyfortheblind.org/programs-services/access-news/

Society for the Blind
1238 S Street
Sacramento, CA 95811

SFTB Main Phone: (916) 452-8271
Fax: (916) 492-2483
www.societyfortheblind.org

Our mission is to empower individuals living with low vision or
blindness to discover, develop and achieve their full potential.