[Freeswitch-users] How to bridge to external using URL, which is correct?

mario_fs mario_fs at mgtech.com
Thu Oct 22 17:36:13 UTC 2020

I am trying to bridge an incoming call to an external number(s). I currently have this working for years to normal cell phones. I want to change it to call my ITSP instead of a mobile number but having problems. I have ready the wiki and many posts but they have many variations. Have tried with registered and unregistered. I am missing something.

The question is what is the correct/best format, I can register the outbound # since it’s my account, the inbound is already registered.
Thanks very much! Mario G

 I tried #1 below and it does not work.

1. sofia/gateway/${dial_gateway}/sip:number at itsp.com <sip:number at itsp.com>. <- NOGO

2. WIki has these but I am really puzzled but the use of “internal":
data="sofia/internal/9998881111 at sip.yourprovider.com”
OR
 data="{sip_auth_username=foo,sip_auth_password=bar}sofia/internal/9998881111 at sip.yourprovider.com”/>

Wiki also shows this example which I use to call cell #, but does not work for directions ITSP call:
sofia/gateway/asterlink/18005551212

And found this:
action application="bridge" data="sofia/gateway/providerA/$1