[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch skipping silence packets in recording file

Shahnawaj Khan shahnawaj.khan1990 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 19:01:56 UTC 2020

Hello All,,

I am working on freeswitch 1.10.2 and using record_session to record
the media of the calls. I am running a scenario where we have silence
on both ends of the call for a few minutes. Assuming We have the call
talk time of 10 mins and the call contains 1 minutes of silence. The
recording file size is around 9 minutes and 30 seconds i.e. it
contains 30 seconds of silence but also skipped for about 30 sec.
I haven't configured the "silence_hits" value for the record_session.
I am unable to find the default value of silence_hit associated with
record_session or it may be due to some other reason.

Thanks & Regards,
Shahnawaz