[Freeswitch-users] IVR UI/UX design

Frederic Jean makafre at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 14:11:38 UTC 2020

Generally speaking:

- The more options in a menu the more chance your caller will need to
have a menu repeated;
- Always tell most used options first so that the caller doesn't stay
long in the IVR;
- Use 3x3 or 4x4 matrix - e.g. 3 levels deep w/3 options each at a
maximum;
- Always provide a key to repeat the menu and optimize the waiting time
for key input so that callers have enough time;
- Use the same voice across the menu options;
- Optimize each sentence - they must be short but very informative;
- Be consistent; e.g. same way of telling the options across the menus;
- Hang up after 3 wrong options - this also avoids lingering calls