[Freeswitch-users] SIP Chronicles, recap and upcoming episode on Friday @ 7pm UTC

Maxim Sobolev sobomax at sippysoft.com
Thu Nov 5 19:01:19 UTC 2020

Hey SipTubies,

Just a quick recap: if you missed any of latest episodes of SIP Chronicles
here we go:

Very interesting historical-looking firegrill-side chat with Paul Kyzivat
of IETF: https://youtu.be/kvLuJhsnF-c

Great conversation with Sandro Gauci (SIPVicious, Enable Security) about
recent developments: https://youtu.be/kvLuJhsnF-c

For #12 I think we'll do something different: turn the lens around and do a
live coding / testing / whatever jam session with Turbomax at controls
doing all 3 of those things at once as well as answering questions from the
audience. The official goal is to benchmark our RFC8760 implementation
under simulated fire and see how it fares to the old-good master branch
with the sub-target to measure a relative drop/increase of peak performance
of processing digest auth. In the process I expect to get OpenSIPS up
flying at x00,000 CPS altitude and land it safely at few improvements.

Some pics of the workhorse we are going to bench with are attached, this is
a small but mighty 8-core Xeon-D 1541 with 64GB of ECC RAM. We'll see if
simulated fire erupts into a real one. We will go over the process of
setting up OpenSIPS on Ubuntu 20.x and using either
https://github.com/sippy/b2bua or https://github.com/sobomax/microsippy or
combination of both to source incoming traffic and measure latency.

https://youtu.be/SYzqka4I34M

Bring your own beer, snacks - it's going to be a long session and see you
tomorrow. :)

-Max