[Freeswitch-users] use-vbr vs adjust-bitrate in opus.conf.xml

Dragos Oancea dragos at freeswitch.org
Fri Nov 6 16:08:53 UTC 2020

It has nothing to do with RE-INVITE or SDP, it just increases/decreases the
bitrate of the encoder dynamically based on a logic that takes into account
an estimation of future loss and rtt and also sudden changes of these
values - core tells the module what to do. Basically we try to make the
difference between congestion and "slow link" and adjust the bitrate, we
decrease slowly or we go to minimum bitrate.