[Freeswitch-users] Detect when an incoming call has been forwarded through another number

Chad Phillips chad at apartmentlines.com
Wed Nov 4 22:58:31 UTC 2020

Is there any way in FreeSWITCH to detect when an incoming SIP call has been
forwarded through another number?

Example:

Phone1 --> Phone2 --> FreeSWITCH

Usually caller ID info comes through for Phone1, which makes sense. But
we'd like to *also* know that the call came through a forward by Phone2.

Use case: occasionally someone will fat-finger a phone forward and forward
their phone to our customer service number. We'd like to toss those calls
or play some kind of "sorry, you can't do this" message.

Chad