[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch conference Lua

Avi Marcus avi at avimarcus.net
Tue May 19 08:12:06 UTC 2020

To the best of my understanding, when you call `session:execute` it's a
synchronous operation. The Lua script will keep running, *waiting* for that
`execute` to finish.
If you would kick the user out of the conference, the lua script would
continue where it left off.

(If you would hangup on the user or transfer them, the session would be
over and the script may do it's best to continue, but with no active
session.)

Alternatives:
Depending on what you want to accomplish, you can first schedule a task
before the conference. Or call the lua script only for some things and
process the rest in the dialplan. When you need, kick it back to another
lua script for further processing.

-Avi Marcus
BestFone