[Freeswitch-users] Send extra custom info (image data) on call to show in target endpoint

Jose David Jurado Alonso josedavid at zennio.com
Fri Mar 13 11:37:38 UTC 2020

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to be able to pass extra information (one image data
for example) in a call.

The purpose is to be able to display a preview image of the caller on the
target device (mobile) so that they can see it before taking or rejecting
the call.

Currently, I have the image saved and send it using a push notification
when the call occurs but I would like to skip that step and send it over
SIP. In this way, you could send the image on the fly without having to
store it on the server.

For this, I need to know if there is the possibility of sending the image
as data using the SIP protocol, in the SIP INVITE header or using an
additional method so that the target endpoint (mobile) can see the image
before to take the call.

Any ideas on how to do it?

José David Jurado Alonso