[Freeswitch-users] session:setVariable without logging it

Michael Smeltzer mwsmeltzer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 19:32:34 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I'm trying to use session:setVariable in my script and noticed that when I
do this, it shows up in the CLI and freeswitch.log files as DEBUG.

2020-06-23 23:22:23.369212 [DEBUG] switch_cpp.cpp:755
CoreSession::setVariable(variable_name, variable_value )

Is there a way to prevent this from getting logged? I know I can turn off
DEBUG level logs but there is other DEBUG-level information that is useful.

Alternatively, is there another way to pass a variable to a python script
besides what is documented here that requires you to set/get session
variables? I tried various implementations of passing it as an argument but
was not successful in figuring out the correct format.

https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/mod_python#mod_python-HowdoIpassargumentstothescript?

Thanks,
Michael