[Freeswitch-users] Noise on line, does not show up in recordings

Sam van Herwaarden svanherwaarden at precisionag.org
Tue Jun 23 12:45:54 UTC 2020

Hi Avi,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I find it a bit hard to describe the noise, so
I made a recording. This is audio that I recorded when calling into the
system over skype, the noise is around second 27:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r36iAvd-Ym_qWrw1x_tig1owvQqkO9Id/view?usp=sharing
This is the same audio when using record_session on FreeSWITCH:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1scDSWlGc52PC9x8Ed5-OWQruZmdLnb_D/view?usp=sharing

It's actually not an SIP setup - the system runs over PRI. It uses a
Sangoma A104 card with the wanpipe Sangoma driver and FreeTDM. So maybe
there is something going on at that point in the stack (I hadn't considered
that - thanks!). The setup is controlled using mod_erlang_event (though I
suspect that's not relevant for this issue).

Best,
Sam