playback to soundcard TML instead ringfile with portaudio

Tamer Higazi th982a at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 1 14:17:29 UTC 2020

Hi people,

I am using on my linux system a lot portaudio to place and make phone
calls.

Inside the portaudio.conf I am using:
<param name="ring-file" value="/opt/freeswitch10/sounds/ring_dd.wav"/>

that if a phone call comes in it respectively rings on my headset.

Instead the file, i'd like freeswitch to playback tones via TML:
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/TGML

now what I want is to disable the ring-file and make freeswitch in the
dialplan playback to myself (the soundcard) for example this UK ring:
<action application="playback"
data="tone_stream://%(400,200,400,450);%(400,2200,400,450)"/>

not the callee should get this ring, freeswitch should playback this
sequence before I execute "pa answer".

Any ideas ?