[Freeswitch-users] Banning IP address that attempt registration via IP

Don Hawkins hawkins at hawkinsegroup.com
Mon Jul 27 03:57:32 UTC 2020

Hey everyone!

So I have quite a few "security" features installed on the server,
including custom IP banning methods using IP Tables, (fail2ban caused too
many issues).

All endpoints on our system register via a domain, I'm looking for
suggestions on how to block IP addresses that attempt to register with the
IP address only.

In other words, every time the warning below is received I'd like to ban
that particular IP or at least add it to a list somewhere.

WARNING: "You must define a domain called 'XXX.XXX.XX.XXX' in your
directory and add a user with the id"

I'm thinking of a custom script that scans the logs (which logs?)

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!