[Freeswitch-users] DTLS Problems with Freeswitch v1.8+ and Firefox

Marko Seidenglanz marko.seidenglanz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 11:31:41 UTC 2020

Hi,

We have the following Setup:

   - FreeSWITCH Version 1.10.3-release+git20200511T105455Z129de34d84~64bit
   (in Docker Container on a Google Compute Engine Instance)
   - Firefox 78.0.2 (64-Bit) behind NAT-Device

We try to establish a WebRTC Audio Connection initiated by Freeswitch.

   1. Send SDP FS->FF
   2. Set remote description / create local description
   3. Send SDP FF->FS
   4. Connectivity checks are started

Problem:

Firefox never sends the DTLS "Client Hello" message and so the connection
fails.

We had no problems with previous versions of Freeswitch. It's only since we
have updated the system. With Google Chrome everything works as usual.

I've attached two packet captures. One shows the session with Chrome, which
is successful and the other one with Firefox, which is unfortunately not.

Has anyone identified similar problems and can give us assistance?

I have seen that a lot has been changed in the switch_rtp module.

For example, we noticed that the message "Auto Changing audio
stun/rtp/dtls" no longer appears in the fs_cli.

Best regards,

Marko Seidenglanz