[Freeswitch-users] Requiring Pin of "1" for all conferences + announcement

Spencer Angerbauer spencer.angerbauer at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 22:54:39 UTC 2020

I am trying to get all conferences to say a phrase before entering the pin #1 prior to entering (as we are connecting via outbound dialer from api). I have installed TTS to do a “say” function, and have updated the conf/autoload_configs/conference.conf.xml by making the “pin” required and to require pin as “1”, but every time a caller connects, it just transfers them directly into the conference without announcing that they need to press “1” to enter, nor does it require a “pin” to connect to the conference.

Is there somewhere else I need to update the dialing plan to require all my conference calls require a “1” when using the web api outbound dialer to connect everyone?  (I am using http://<<servername>>:8080/webapi/conference?<<friendlyname>> to connect multiple calls together).

Also, is there another location to add speak to text for the beginning of every conference?

Thank you for your help on both these related issues.

-Spence