[Freeswitch-users] ESL Sending INFO Message for uaCSTA Purposes

Brent Bailey bailey.brent at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 18:23:40 UTC 2020

I am trying to send an INFO message via ESL but I am having trouble.  It
looks like the logic in mod_sofia.c doesn't support external devices behind
nat.  When I generate the event via ESL as shown below the SIP INFO message
has a to-uri with the private nat ip address and the message never reaches
the phone.
Is there a better way to sent CSTA INFO based messages or is there another
way to hand craft SIP messages via ESL?
Using sendevent NOTIFY will properly build the SIP message but since it
isn't the rfc dictated INFO message it will not work (strangely enough the
NOTIFY message is being used for CSTA messages for sendevent
SWITCH_EVENT_PHONE_FEATURE).

See mod_sofia.c at line 5699 for SWITCH_EVENT_SEND_INFO:
https://github.com/signalwire/freeswitch/blob/v1.10/src/mod/endpoints/mod_sofia/mod_sofia.c

sendevent SEND_INFO
profile: internal
from-uri: sip:1003 at labDomain.com
to-uri: sip:1003 at labDomain.com
local-user: 1003 at labDomain.com
content-type: application/csta+xml
content-length: 275

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><MakeCall xmlns="
http://www.ecma-international.org/standards/ecma-323/csta/ed3
"><callingDevice>sip:1003 at labDomain.com
</callingDevice><calledDirectoryNumber>1016</calledDirectoryNumber><autoOriginate>doNotPrompt</autoOriginate></MakeCall>

Thank you.
Brent Bailey