[Freeswitch-users] Stumped by mod_portaudio permissions issue

Tamer Higazi th982a at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 2 14:22:31 UTC 2020

Dear Mark,

I tell you exactly why.

That is less a permission issue.

if you open the shell as "root" and type alsamixer you won't be capable
to access the soundcard because "root" is not in the 1st) sound group
and 2nd) root ha no access to the pulseaudio server

This is why I MUST run freeswitch as the user that is currently logged in.

mod_alsa doesn't work at all. I didn't get it running, only
mod_portaudio....

best, Tamer