[Freeswitch-users] How to DIY/Setup An Open Source IP PBX Appliance/Server?

Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming ceo at teo-en-ming.com
Tue Dec 1 15:03:31 UTC 2020

Subject: How to DIY/Setup An Open Source IP PBX Appliance/Server?

Good day from Singapore,

After reading recent reviews, I gather that Asterisk is the gold
standard when it comes to open source VoIP systems and it is the most
famous open source PBX out there.

Article: Compare the Top 10 Best Open Source PBX Software of 2020
Link:
https://www.voipreview.org/business-voip/best-open-source-pbx-software

Article: Top 10 Free Open Source PBX Software Solutions
Link: https://getvoip.com/blog/2016/09/23/best-open-source-pbx-software/

The following is an excerpt from Wikipedia:

"Asterisk is a core component in many commercial products and
open-source projects. Some of the commercial products are hardware and
software bundles, for which the manufacturer supports and releases the
software with an open-source distribution model.

AskoziaPBX, a fork of the m0n0wall project, uses Asterisk PBX software
to realize all telephony functions.

AstLinux is a "Network Appliance for Communications" open-source
software distribution.[15]

FreePBX, an open-source graphical user interface, bundles Asterisk as
the core of its FreePBX Distro[16]

LinuxMCE bundles Asterisk to provide telephony; there is also an
embedded version of Asterisk for OpenWrt routers.

PBX in a Flash/Incredible PBX and trixbox are software PBXes based on
Asterisk.

Elastix previously used Asterisk, HylaFAX, Openfire and Postfix to offer
PBX, fax, instant messaging and email functions, respectively, before
switching to 3CX.

Issabel is an open-source Unified Communications software which uses
Asterisk for telephony functions. It was forked from the open-source
versions of Elastix when 3CX acquired it.

*astTECS uses Asterisk in its VoIP and mobile gateways."

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asterisk_(PBX)

I would like to DIY/setup an IP PBX appliance/server using free open
source projects.
Which free open source project, mentioned in the list and links above,
would you recommend to DIY my IP PBX appliance/server?

Should I buy a desktop computer or get one of those appliances listed in
the link below to serve as my IP PBX appliance/server?

Link:
https://www.lazada.sg/products/pfsense-iron-metal-case-fanless-intel-celeron-j1800-dual-core-mini-pc-firewall-soft-router-with-ddr3l-msata-ssd-4-gigabit-lan-rj45-com-port-i449270007-s1196780479.html?spm=a2o42.searchlist.list.89.100857d22PjCYx&search=1

Please also refer me to very good, detailed and well explained
guides/tutorials/manuals on setting up open source IP PBX
appliances/servers.

Lastly, please recommend a cheap and affordable IP phone (suggest brand
and model) to go along with my DIY open source IP PBX appliance/server.

Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming, 42 years as of 1st December 2020
Tuesday, is a TARGETED INDIVIDUAL (TI) living in Singapore.

Thank you very much.

-----BEGIN EMAIL SIGNATURE-----

The Gospel for all Targeted Individuals (TIs):

[The New York Times] Microwave Weapons Are Prime Suspect in Ills of
U.S. Embassy Workers

Link:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/01/science/sonic-attack-cuba-microwave.html

Singaporean Targeted Individual Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming's
Academic
Qualifications as at 14 Feb 2019 and refugee seeking attempts at the
United Nations Refugee Agency Bangkok (21 Mar 2017), in Taiwan (5 Aug
2019) and Australia (25 Dec 2019 to 9 Jan 2020):

[1] https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com/

[2] https://tdtemcerts.blogspot.sg/

[3] https://www.scribd.com/user/270125049/Teo-En-Ming

-----END EMAIL SIGNATURE-----