[Freeswitch-users] Can mod_python be adapted tap media?

David P davidswalkabout at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 04:36:50 UTC 2020

Hi Brian,

We need a media bug that allows us to process inbound audio and video using
python. What's the best way to do this?

Should we diff mod_python with mod_cv to see what C fns to add to the
former in order to receive video streams? And diff with something else to
find what audio handlers to add to mod_python?

In ClueCon session 2, Nickolay seemed to indicate a need for this also. He
streams audio out of FS using unimrcp but mentions that that can't be
load-balanced. The other alternative, rtmp, imposes several seconds of
latency at the start. It seems that load-balancing media connections into a
farm of FSs, and doing media handling in a module, would be better overall.
Yet there seems no guidance about how to implement it.

That's what a media bug does.  record_session is an example of such
functionality.

/b