[Freeswitch-users] Locked, Waiting on external entities & <param name="rtp-timer-name" value="soft"/>

Jurijs Ivolga jurijs.ivolga at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 14:04:26 UTC 2020

Hi,

For a problem described below I used config more or less identical to
minimal configuration.

I have a pretty simple VM app written in Lua and usually it works ok and it
is more or less the same as in Vanilla config from a user perspective: If
there is no answer in 30 seconds then answer, play message and etc, same
when callee is replying with busy.

Strange things start to happen when I do put "record_session" in front.
When this happens then when users do not answer or send busy, nothing
happens, freeswitch hangs with "Locked, Waiting on external entities"????
Problem reproducible even if my script is commented out, freeswitch still
hangs with the same message "Locked, Waiting on external entities".

But I found workaround, if I put in sofia profile:

<param name="rtp-timer-name" value="soft"/>

It fixes the problem and I'm totally lost why.

Any ideas on this? Is it a bug? Why rtp-timer-name changes this particular
behavior? Any ideas are more than welcome!

I'm still trying to reproduce this bug with Vanilla config, but not
successful yet, if I succeed, I will try to open a bug for this in github.

Jurijs