[Freeswitch-users] Handle media of all calls via port 443?

David P davidswalkabout at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 18:16:42 UTC 2020

Thank you for your suggestion, Sergey. However, I found that introducing
those two settings (in FSv10.4 on Debian10) made no difference; I still got
just one candidate in FS's answer SDP and it's udp rather than tcp (for
port 443)...

Before introducing
  <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="add_ice_candidates=true"/> in
/etc/freeswitch/vars.xml
and
  <action application="set" data="media_webrtc=true"/>      in
/etc/freeswitch/dialplan/mydialplan.xml
the browser receives Answer SDP containing only one ice candidate:
a=candidate:5500513041 1 udp 659136 35.xxx.yy.zzz 26928 typ host generation
0

After introducing those two config changes, and `fs_cli -x "reloadxml"`,
the set of candidates in the answer the browser gets is the same:
a=candidate:4793838179 1 udp 659136 35.xxx.yy.zzz 19518 typ host generation
0

The reason I asked about supporting all media (and signaling) via port 443
is that some users are in firewalls that block all ports except 443 (or 80).