[Freeswitch-users] Install on new Debian 10

Sean Devoy sdevoy at bizfocused.com
Wed Sep 25 19:20:21 UTC 2019

Hi,

I spun up a new Debian 10 x64 system.  On this page: https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Installation
I did the command
FSfile=$(curl -s https://files.freeswitch.org/releases/freeswitch/ | grep -oE "freeswitch-[0-9]*\.[0-9]*\.[0-9]*\.-release\.tar\.bz2" | tail -n 1) && echo Downloading $FSfile && curl https://files.freeswitch.org/freeswitch-releases/$FSfile | tar -xj && mv ${FSfile/.tar.bz2//} freeswitch

Which failed.  I then installed curl and ran it again.  It worked I think, I now have a subfolder named freeswitch.

I tried ./configure but got the error:
no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH

I did
apt-get install build-essential
and got farther.  Then I got an error about no zlib devel
apt install zlib1g-dev
and got no usable libjpeg; please install libjpeg devel
apt install libjpeg-dev
and got   error: You need to install pkg-config to configure FreeSWITCH.
apt install pkg-config
then I got:
Package sqlite3 was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing `sqlite3.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'sqlite3' found
configure: error: Library requirements (sqlite3 >= 3.6.20) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
apt install sqlite3
and got the same error.

Is there a list of prereqs I need to install?  What do I do about this sqlite3 error?

Will there be a disto install soon?

Thanks,
Sean