[Freeswitch-users] Voicemail on AWS

H Yavari hyavari at rocketmail.com
Wed Sep 25 06:51:59 UTC 2019

 Hi Per,
Thank for your hint.So you didn't use http_cache right. Do you have the HA for your system also? is it ok with this structure?
Regards,H.Yavari

 On 2019-09-23 20:10 (CEST), H Yavari via FreeSWITCH-users <freeswitch-users at lists.freeswitch.org> wrote:
> Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2019 09:32:56 +0000 (UTC)
> From: H Yavari <hyavari at rocketmail.com>
> To: "freeswitch-users at lists.freeswitch.org"
>  <freeswitch-users at lists.freeswitch.org>
> Subject: Voicemail on AWS
>  Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/77.0.3865.75
>  Safari/537.36
>
> I am looking for some hints how we can make an voicemail server for
> our company users to have their own voicemail box, then we save all
> voice files on AWS S3.  I see mod_http_cache, but afraid of it's only
> solution or there is better one.

Hi,

we used to run on S3, where we mounted the recordings with s3fs-fuse[1]
which we ran successfully on 1.6.20.

HOWEVER, when we updated to 1.8.5 we ran into problems with the wave
files, the media stream was not saved and we ended up with empty media
containers, with only some meta data of around 250 bytes ended up being
saved. This issue affected about half of all recordings, and we found no
correlation in regards to codecs used etc. If this was an issue with
configuration, s3fs-fuse or Freeswitch we didn't investigate.

We solved this by moving the storage from S3 to EFS, and are currently
running it in production without issues in that regard.

[1]: https://github.com/s3fs-fuse/s3fs-fuse

--
Per Modin
Software Engineer

Enhance your FreeSWITCH install with disruptive priced SMS and PSTN services.
Build your next product on our scalable cloud platform.

Join our online community to chat in real time https://signalwire.community

Professional FreeSWITCH Services
sales at freeswitch.com
https://freeswitch.com