[Freeswitch-users] SIP over WSS responding with 5060; transport=udp in Contact:

Nathan Stratton nathan at robotics.net
Wed Oct 2 19:06:15 UTC 2019

On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 4:29 PM Ciprian Dosoftei <ciprian.dosoftei at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Nathan --
>
> > So this is a know issue?
> > We are using SIP.js on the web side and Libre SIP stack for iOS and
> Android, both have issues with this bug
>
> I am not sure whether the observed behaviour is an issue per
> se; FreeSWITCH itself considers the presented endpoint (the UDP one) as
> legitimate as it definitely listens to requests, it could eventually
> honour, on the provided host:port combination.

It may be a legitimate port (wish it was not), but we only have port 443
SIP over WSS open in the firewall.

This is likely a matter of semantics, but I think the RFC might favour the
> current behaviour since the Contact endpoint is expected to be global (i.e.
> function outside of the current dialog).

Not sure how it can be expected behavior to use a SIP UDP 5060 contact over
a WSS interface that has no way of talking to SIP UDP 5060.

Back to the matter at hand, when terminating call that's ringing, the
> CANCEL is properly handled by the server when dispatched over the existing
> websocket connection; I've tested this with a default FS install and a
> slightly modified version of the sip.js demo here:
> https://sipjs.com/guides/full-demo-app/

How did you modify SIP.js?

-Nathan