[Freeswitch-users] Calling a destination and playing a pre-recorded message.

Paul Mateer Paul.Mateer at outlook.com
Mon Nov 18 16:48:34 UTC 2019

Hi. I have a FreeSWITCH system up and running and I can make calls from one device to another which is fine.

What I would now like to do is integrate it with another system so that when certain events occur in this other system, it dials one or more destinations and plays a pre-recorded message before hanging up.

Can the playing of the sound file be hooked into a custom dialplan? I ask because a little experimentation has revealed that the dialplan is processed on the inbound channel (which seems entirely reasonable) which means that using playback in the dialplan results in audio sent to the caller, rather than the called.

If this can't be achieved via the dialplan, does this mean that I need to create a specific client that can call a destination and somehow pipe sound into the input channel, rather than taking it from whatever input device might be available?

Thanks for any assistance offered.

Paul

Sent from my Windows 10 device