[Freeswitch-users] wait_for_silence

Joli Martinez mrjoli021 at gmail.com
Tue May 28 00:25:11 UTC 2019

My Dialplan calls an IVR once the IVR picks up it dials the extension.  At
this point it gets transferred to a Lua script and after the answer() the
Lua script waits for silence.
session:execute("wait_for_silence", "300 25 10 50000")

The problem is that after about 1-2 seconds it detects audio automatically
without anyone picking up the phone.  I am looking at the cli and the
script is paused waiting without anything else executing, then all of a
sudden.
"2019-05-27 17:05:17.298768 [ERR] switch_ivr_play_say.c:2108
switch_ivr_wait_for_silence: SILENCE DETECTED".

Any ideas why this is happening? or what would the correct settings be to
make it wait until someone picks up?

thanks,