[Freeswitch-users] DTMF not working in my installation

Euan Millar euan at ensemblepourladifference.org
Mon May 27 14:47:59 UTC 2019

Hello again, kind Freeswitch group.

I am using ESL to control my calls entirely from a Node application.  I am
using the 'modesl <https://github.com/englercj/node-esl>' package to create
an ESL connection and listen to the FS events
<https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Event+List> and then
answer a call if the number matches a dialplan I want to control using the
mod_command "uuid_answer."

I have gotten as far as attempting to recognise DTMF events, but I am
getting no DTMF events through.

So, I tested my Freeswitch installation using the IVR demo, and it looks
like DTMF is not being received by Freeswitch at all.
I monitored fs_cli and I can see that the demo is just waiting for digits,
even though I can hear them being pressed in my softphone.

Is there any particular modules that I need to ensure are installed, or
configuration I need to make in order to enable DTMF?

In a previous email to this list, I saw a message advising to set the
following in sofia.conf.

<param name="dtmf-type" value="rfc2833"/>

I can see that the property is loaded inside sip_profiles > internal.xml

But changing this has had no effect.  I still do not get any DTMF events
being recognised in fs_cli

Many thanks for any help or advice you can provide.

Kind regards,

Euan