[Freeswitch-users] Update DNS SRV records

Lawrence Conroy lconroy at insensate.co.uk
Mon May 6 21:12:55 UTC 2019

Hi
 They may do; they may not. It's hard to tell when the question is that confusing.

1. IIUC, fS doesn't update local DNS records at all.
(it could, but you'd need to write something external to do the DNS update).

2. you talk of not being able to call OUT.
That's good, as it means there is no need to update your domain's DNS records.

I assume that what you mean is that your provider changes its SRV records every couple of days.
You have a gateway entry in your fS config for that provider.
That gateway spec has a defined domain name for the server.
I think that you want to know how to tell your fS to re-lookup the SRV records for that gateway's domain while running, as the SRV records in that provider's DNS changes regularly.

I can't help on the details of fS's DNS lookup code, but is that the actual problem you have and so the question you want to ask?

br,
  Lawrence