[Freeswitch-users] avmd stop not working on 1.8.5

Piotr Gregor piotrek.gregor at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 22:54:52 UTC 2019

Hi Grant,

Thank you for reporting the issue.

The deprecated API "avmd uuid stop" call can still be used, though it is
advised to switch to new APP "avmd_stop", when called from scripts.
There was a bug in "avmd stop". This has now been fixed:
https://freeswitch.org/jira/projects/FS/issues/FS-11708
and is merged into master:
https://freeswitch.org/stash/projects/FS/repos/freeswitch/commits/c8e9eeaec9ede231ba50b30d9f2b0d6c6fad9208

What is the performance impact if we leave out the avmd stop command? Will
> any resources consumed by the module be cleaned up automatically after the
> call disconnects?

Avmd will be processing incoming audio. It won't consume resources if audio
is not written to FS session.
Avmd threads will be sleeping. All resources will be cleaned up when FS
cleans up session of that call.

I have plans to create improved avmd, using different algorithm for tone
detection.
Everyone is welcome to add to requirements, so we can make it better:
https://github.com/dataandsignal/mavmd/blob/master/requirements.txt

cheers,
Piotr