[Freeswitch-users] DNS resolving for REGISTER requests

Sebastian Denz denzs at gonicus.de
Mon Jun 24 10:38:37 UTC 2019

I already thought about something like that..

But the main reason for the problem seems to be, that FreeSWITCH does
not query the dns (remote or local) at all before sending the
REGISTER... :-/

I could workaround the current issue easily by using static addresses
but then i would loose the failover capability and i would have to check
for changes manually or by script... normally dns would just solve that
by itself :)

I think i could put Kamailio in front of FreeSWITCH and let it handle
the dns resolution, but that feels like using a sledgehammer to crack a
nut ;)

And i would prefer a tiny approach, ideally with FreeSWITCH behaving
correctly...?!