[Freeswitch-users] Alternate Voicemail Outgoing Message

mario_fs mario_fs at mgtech.com
Mon Jun 17 22:14:02 UTC 2019

I do what you want but it may be more complex than you like, and someone may know a simpler way. In my case I am doing other things which is why it’s complex. To have VM for extension 111 ringing go to 100 when no answer and light the MWI on 100:

<include>
  <user id="111">
    <params>
      <param name="MWI-Account" value="100@$${domain}"/>
    </params>
    <variables>
      <variable name="mailbox" value="100"/>
    </variables>
  </user>
</include>

The next thing is the message. I dynamically build messages in LUA for ringback and VM so when someone calls it’s customized to them, for instance: Hi Sean, hold on while our phones ring……. Sorry Sean… please leave a message.

With LUA you can pretty much do anything, but figuring it out may take some time.
Mario G