Problems migrating from 1.6.x to 1.8.x

Laura Smith n5d9xq3ti233xiyif2vp at protonmail.ch
Sat Jun 8 09:14:21 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have a perfectly functioning FreeSWITCH Version 1.6.20-37-987c9b9~64bit (-37-987c9b9 64bit) instance running on Debian 8 (jessie).

I'd like to move onwards and upwards, and so have installed FreeSWITCH Version 1.8.6-7-93b4c92e75~64bit (-7-93b4c92e75 64bit) on Debian 9 (stretch).

In the hope that it would be as simple as copying accross /etc/freeswitch from old to new, I did that, followed by a reloadxml and, for good measure, a restart of the entire freeswitch instance.

I have, of course, adjusted the relevant parameters in vars.xml in terms of hostname and IP addresses.

However the new instance is refusing to allow my endpoints to register.  Its sending 403 forbidden back.

Any ideas ?

Thanks !

Laura