[Freeswitch-users] freeswitch core function switch_time_now() vs switch_time_now() returns wrong time i.e (now + 3 sec.) vs switch_micro_time_now()

Shishir Pokharel akaccr at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 00:12:18 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have tried asking the same question on IRC, but I am not sure I missed
the response or I never got any response. So, I am asking the same question
again on the mailing list.

Freeswitch core function switch_time_now() returns wrong timestamp i.e (now
+ 3 sec.) vs switch_micro_time_now() returns correctly. This behavior is
observed only when we do a system reboot and FreeSWITCH is at autostart on
system boot.

If we restart the FreeSWITCH service after a system reboot, both
function returns the timestamp correctly, and no issue is observed. Looking
at the source code of both of the functions I don't see much difference as
switch_micro_time_now() might use switch_time_now()  in some condition.

Any thoughts? on why FreeSWITCH on startup service will have this problem?

Thanks
/Shishir