[Freeswitch-users] Double NAT w/ same Private Network Address

Nandy Dagondon nandy1925 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 09:54:28 UTC 2019

Hi everybody,

I'm testing mod_verto in a Double NAT  setup.  The problem: no media.  This
is the setup:

FS (192.168.1.x/24) <> NAT <> Internet <> NAT <> WebRTC Client
(192.168.1.x/24)

Both FS and the Client routers have static IP WAN addresses.  I suspect
that since Private Network addresses are the same (192.168.1.x/24),  the
ICE candidate chosen is always 192.168.1.x, thinking that it's in the Local
Network.  Examining the log file indeed showed that the WAN IP's are
included in the candidate. But, the one chosen is always a private IP.

Am I correct?  What needs to be done to ensure that WAN candidates will be
selected?  Changing the Network Address of either side might solve the
problem but I need the solution via FS/Verto configuration.  (Btw, the
local TURN service is not running.)

Appreciate for your help.

/Nandy