[Freeswitch-users] ESL help on remote machines

David Villasmil david.villasmil.work at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 12:44:31 UTC 2019

You can simply connect to the esl socket (port 8021) on fs from Box A. No
need for that lua script.
You simply need to configure the ESL socket to listen on (I.e.: 0.0.0.0)
and iptables it to only allow your box A.
As far as the library is concerned, in my experience, yes. The simplest is
to have the source, so You need the whole fs source and compile. You can
afterwards remove it.

Hope that helps.

If all you need is to originate (meaning you don’t care about events
afterwards) there is another way of originating, and that’s via the httapi:
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/plugins/servlet/mobile#content/view/3966423

With httapi you can all any api in fs.

Hope that helps