[Freeswitch-users] Modify SIP timers (T1X64) to improve failover

Marc S therebel22 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 12:40:50 UTC 2019

Hello,

I'm testing gateways failover with several gateway for bridge AND ping
setting. It works but INVITE timeout and SIP Options timeout is quite long
(32 seconds) because of timer-T1X64 setting (it's what i hav readen)

I would like to modify timer-T1X64, for example : 3000. Invite failover
would and SIP option timout would now be : 3 seconds. Tests are OK, Invite
failover and gateway marked down is very quick.

My question : is there any impact on behavior of other transactions in SIP
protocol ? Is there no risk to reduce timer-T1X64 from 32000 to 3000 ?

Thanks,
Best regards,

Marc