[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch As SBC for sip_phones

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 11:05:04 UTC 2019

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 10:44 PM Mehdi Shirazi <m.shirazi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> Thanks for suggestions, If we want to comply strictly with rfc 5853 in our
> SBC so we should have a B2BUA also int it.
> What is your recommendation?
> 1-Using Kamailio/Opensips for forwarding REGISTER/SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY to
> external Registrar and using a Freeswitch for media+B2BUA  ?
> 2-Using Kamailio/Opensips + rtpengine and just using Freeswitch as B2BUA
> in media bypass mode
> Regards.
> M.shirazi

Hello Mehdi,

both solution are (can be built as) compliant.

But, depending on what are other priorities, one can be better suited.
Also, there still be one other possibility, to use the B2BUA
functionalities of the proxy, and use FS only for media active handling,
only when required (if rtpengine cannot do it).

In addition to that, you can also have interaction between proxy and
freeswitch, particularly in case of OpenSIPS, where the integration in
terms of feedback and control at the level of ESL is already made for you.

So, lot of options to choose from :).

Have a nice day,

-giovanni

--