[Freeswitch-users] IPv6

Rick Jarvis rick at magicmail.mooo.com
Tue Feb 5 19:56:12 UTC 2019

Looking for some help with FreeSWITCH in a semi-v6 situation… I’ll explain what I mean:

	VoIP handsets on private IPv4 network -> NAT to IPv6 Internet address -> IPv4 public FreeSWITCH server

Not working, and few too many variables to get my head around. I guess whether there is an ALG on the the private router is still an issue as it’s IPv4 at that point. But should the public IPv6 address speak ok to the public IPv4 FreeSWITCH server, or would it help if I give it an IPv6 address too? (Don’t really understand how the 6->4 thing works, it’s voodoo! :)

Thanks, R