[Freeswitch-users] Outbound calls to remote gateway on dynamic IP

LinMin linmin at qza.io
Tue Dec 3 17:42:39 UTC 2019

Hi folks,

I have a Freeswitch server with a PSTN gateway logged in as a normal
user, which gives access to the gateway on a dynamic IP address (trying
to avoid static IP and extra DNS settings in this situation).
Calls coming in from the gateway to FS work fine, but trying to route
calls to the gateway hit a snag, because instead of sending calls to:

<dialed_number>@gateway_IP

, they go to:

<FS_gateway_user_account>@gateway_IP^<dialed_number>

which results in the gateway attempting to dial it's own user ID via the
PSTN line. I've tried using this option in the dialplan extension to
work around it:

<action application="bridge"
data="${sofia_contact(internal/Remote-GW-1)}^$1" />

which results in the above situation. Manually inserting the remote IP
works:

<action application="bridge" data="sofia/internal/$1 at 172.27.2.120" />

.... however, I'm hoping there's a way that I can fish and insert the IP
address on the fly, or otherwise tell the gateway to dial the correct
number.

Cheers,
Francis