[Freeswitch-users] session is nil

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 07:30:28 UTC 2019

Sajad,

just to be explicit:

in FreeSWITCH, when a person say "API" it means "sending a command from the
freeswitch command line" (and you *can* execute lua from freeswitch command
line)

maybe, you are executing a LUA script from dialplan or configuration, so
you are not using the freeswitch API

in that case, you are executing a lua script from dialplan. That lua script
is written to execute the lua API to interact with freeswitch

in that case, for clarity, in future, you want to write: "I am executing a
lua script"

If a lua script is started from dialplan, it always has a session object,
until the call is hangup

the other case: if a lua script is started from the command line (eg, from
the freeswitch API) it never has a session object, you must create it
getting the uuid of the call from the freeswitch API (or because you know
in advance the call uuid because you originated that call giving the uuid
as parameter).

--
Sincerely,

Giovanni Maruzzelli