[Freeswitch-users] Run freeswitch with supplementary groups to solver permission problems

Mike Jerris mike at freeswitch.com
Fri Aug 23 18:22:55 UTC 2019

freeswitch typically starts as root to set certain system settings then
drops perms to the -u and -g params passed.  if you want to not drop perms
you don’t use -u and -g but then you need to make sure all that stuff is
set properly first.  you will have to dig in code for everything we set but
there are things for the scheduler for sure that won’t work without right
perms in place at startup