[Freeswitch-users] lua freeswitch.Dbh "ERR [unable to open database file]"

Gulyás Attila toraritte at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 10:49:27 UTC 2019

Hi,

When I try to connect to a remote PostgreSQL server, I get

    2019-08-23 10:19:05.793364 [ERR] switch_core_db.c:223 SQL ERR [unable
to open database file]

when using the Lua API

   freeswitch.Dbh("pgsql://hostaddr=1.2.3.4 dbname=mydb user=postgres
password=postgres options='-c client_min_messages=NOTICE'
application_name='freeswitch'")

(as recommended in the docs at:
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/FreeSWITCH+Databases )

It has been working flawlessly, even across FreeSWITCH service restarts,
then I foolishly did a `sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade` on Debian 9,
and that was it.

Would you recommend some steps on how I could troubleshoot this further?
The error message is too generic.

What I did so far:

0. Server reboot, call to server connects, Lua script works as intended,
but fails at the DB part.

1. Checked the database on the remote server, it works fine.

2. Checked whether port is still open on remote server from the freeswitch
server with `nc -zv 1.2.3.4 5432` and it is.

Thank you for any suggestions!

Appreciatively,
Attila